Summarization of Data
Types of Data
- Attributes (non-measurable)
- Go – No Go Gauge inspection
- Count of defect (no. of defects)
- No. of accepted or rejected items
- Variables (measurable)
- Measurement with the help of Instruments
Planning for Data Collection
- What to collect ?
- Selection of suitable quality characteristics (variable/attribute)
- How to Collect ?
- Check Sheet
- Measurement Process
- Stratification (subgroup size)
- How much to collect
- Objective of data collection
- Cost of data collection
- Technique used
A method of grouping data by characteristics to understand similarities of data.
A format on which data can be collected systematically.
Example of Check Sheet for Machine break down.