A process capability study is a procedure for evaluating a process by means of control charts to determine whether the process is capable relative to it specifications and the centering and stability of the process.
Why SPC / SQC ?
- Policy of unsurpassed excellence
- Product must meet the specification
- Realization that 100% inspection is bad quality management.
- To improve the productivity
- To approve newly installed system
- For the review of specifications
- Comparison of two machines or processes
- Environmental changes
- To ensure consistent performance